**Update** I am now taking orders for these! If you would like one of your own then shoot me an e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
I’m calling this angry Monday… Needless to say, the silicone I left to set over the weekend did not set. The scales I was using are really unreliable and I think I put way too much catalyst in.
So I had to re-do that section of sculpt and the mould. Boring and a waste of time.
Not to mention the hinges I left drying… One popped off the moment I tried to open the box. Amazing Monday morning.
But I did eventually get the hinges on. (You can also see that I have managed to paint and varnish the playing board. Didn’t take too many pictures of it yet as I’d like to wait until it’s properly completed.)
Finally stuck down the fastcast resin board to the inner box.
And after I re-sculpted the little ring that fits around the green resin in the centre I made a silicone mould and got the casts done.
Will be spraying them silver tomorrow and fitting them onto the board. Also need to get the magnets into the playing pieces and paint them up.
Thank god angry Monday is over. Roll on productive Tuesday.
Things seem like they have slowed down a little, but It’s mainly due to me having to figure out how I’m going to do something.
Today I made the central section of the board (the green, shiny, round bit!)
I made a wooden disc that was the right size and slightly domed. (sorry about the AWFUL picture)
Vac formed it…
Then filled the plastic mould with green pigmented resin. Got to wait until tomorrow for it to cure, then I’ll see if it’s worked and looks accurate.
I also cast the compartment lids in fastcast today, and stuck them to 6mm ply.
So this is just a jumble of images from today.
finished carving out all the box edges:
Realised I hadn’t done the compartment lids for inside the box. So I completed that part today. Just needs casting tomorrow
Got these little guys cast
This is everything I have achieved so far!
Feel like I’m getting there. 🙂