Well I got one side on! God knows if the box will open now. It doesn’t look hopeful if I’m honest…
I used steel rod in the centre and cut a slightly larger hole about 1cm in from one end to add wooden dowel. Acts as a stopper, but the actual hinge is very strong inside.
We will see what happens on Monday… Fingers crossed.
I also sculpted a quarter of the metal inner ring today from plastelline.
And made a mould just from gluing plastic around the shape.
Filled with silicone…
That is another thing to wait until Monday for. To see if the silicone sets properly. It was behaving rather strangely when I left today, sort of setting on the top and not at all underneath. Roll on Monday
So I’m nearly there with the sculpting!
Well, I wasn’t extremely good at doing things today …It was a slow process.
But I did manage to achieve something! I started the sculpt for the front of the box:
AND (yes there is more! Brace yourselves) my silicone arrived today. So I can trundle on with moulding and casting at some point next week. But for now- Merry Weekend!